Alicia Beets, DVM is an Internal Medicine specialist at MedVet Mandeville and MedVet New Orleans where she has been part of the medical team since 2015. Dr. Beets attended the University of Miami where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology and Marine Science, followed by Western University of Health Sciences College of Veterinary Medicine where she earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree in 2014. Following her graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Beets completed a yearlong internship in small animal medicine and surgery at Southern Arizona Veterinary Specialty and Emergency Center. She is now an Internal Medicine Resident at MedVet.
Dr. Beets enjoys all aspects of small animal medicine with specific areas of interest in immune mediated disease, endocrine disease, and interventional procedures including bronchoscopy and endoscopy. When not seeing patients, Dr. Beets enjoys photography and traveling to just about anywhere. Her favorite travel adventures have been scuba diving in the Great Barrier Reef, glacier climbing in New Zealand, swimming with whale sharks in Mexico, and hiking in Alaska.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Western University of Health Sciences College of Veterinary Medicine, Pomona, California
- Internship: Southern Arizona Veterinary Specialty and Emergency Center, Tucson, Arizona
- Residency: MedVet Medical & Cancer Centers for Pets, Mandeville, Louisiana
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA)