Christopher (Chris) Brouwer, DVM, Diplomate, ACVR has been a part of the Radiology teams at MedVet Toledo since 2016. Dr. Brouwer attended University of Findlay where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree followed by the University College Dublin where he earned his Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree in 2003. Following his graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Brouwer worked in general practice as a veterinarian in Virginia, Ohio, and Michigan for several years before completing a yearlong internship in small animal medicine and surgery at Michigan Veterinary Specialists and a three-year diagnostic imaging residency at University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine.
Dr. Brouwer is the author and co-author of scientific papers published in veterinary journals, including “Prepubic Tendon Rupture” in the Journal of American Veterinary Medical Association. He has mentored and coached many new veterinary graduates to aid in their transition from school to employment. Dr. Brouwer is an active advocate of continued education for veterinary professionals and has lectured on various small animal radiology topics to veterinarians and veterinary students.
Although interested in all aspects of radiology, Dr. Brouwer has particular interest in diagnostic ultrasound and cross-sectional imaging. Outside of the clinic, Dr. Brouwer enjoys spending time with his family.
- Bachelor of Science: University of Findlay, Findlay, Ohio
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
- Internship: Michigan Veterinary Specialists, Southfield, Michigan/Auburn Hills, Michigan
- Residency: University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Radiology
- American College of Veterinary Radiology
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- ACVR Veterinary Ultrasound Society
- ACVR CT and MRI Society
- Ohio Veterinary Medical Association
- Michigan Veterinary Medical Association