Heather May, DVM is an Emergency Medicine Veterinarian at MedVet Indianapolis, where she has been part of the medical team since 2017. Dr. May received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Analytical Chemistry from Albion College in Albion, Michigan, followed by a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine in St. Kitts, West Indies. In addition to her clinical endeavors, Dr. May is an active member of several professional organizations, including the American Veterinary Medical Association, American Animal Hospital Association, Central Indiana Veterinary Medical Association, and the Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society.
Although interested in all aspects of veterinary medicine, Dr. May is particularly passionate about radiology, internal medicine and cardiology. Her favorite part about being a veterinarian is the variety in patients and types of cases seen on a daily basis. When not caring for patients, Dr. May enjoys cooking, baking, hiking, being outdoors, fitness and spending time with her husband and dogs.
- Bachelor of Art: Albion College, Albion, Michigan
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine, Basseterre, Saint Kitts and Nevis
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- American Animal Hospital Association
- Central Indiana Veterinary Medical Association
- Veterinary Emergency & Critical Care Society