Jenny R. Schutte, DVM, PhD Candidate, Diplomate, ACVR in Radiation Oncology has been a part of the Radiation Oncology team at MedVet Columbus since 2016. Dr. Schutte attended Iowa State University where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Science and a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. Following her graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Schutte completed a yearlong Internship in medical oncology at Iowa State University. She then was accepted into the Nuclear Engineering doctoral program, sub-specialty Medical Physics, at the University of Missouri, followed by a two-year Residency in Radiation Oncology at the University of Missouri Veterinary Medical Center.
Dr. Schutte enjoys employing the latest in radiation therapy technologies. She is also an active advocate of continuing education for veterinary professionals and has lectured on multiple radiation oncology topics, including IMRT and Radiation Biology, to veterinarians and veterinary students .
Although Dr. Schutte is experienced in all aspects of radiation oncology, she has particular interests in novel diagnostic and therapeutic radiotechnologies and radiopharmaceuticals. When not treating patients, Dr. Schutte enjoys, crossfit, creating three dimensional sculptures from stained glass, knitting and visiting local parks with her family.
- Bachelor of Science: Iowa State University, Ames Iowa
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Iowa State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Ames Iowa
- Internship (Medical Oncology): Iowa State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Ames Iowa
- Residency: University of Missouri College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbia, Missouri
- Doctoral Candidate: (Nuclear Engineering/Medical Physics): University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Radiology in Radiation Oncology
- American College of Veterinary Radiology
- Veterinary Cancer Society
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Columbus Academy of Veterinary Medicine