Joanna (Jo) Konerman Fry, DVM, Diplomate, ACVIM (SAIM) is a board-certified veterinary Internal Medicine specialist at MedVet Toledo where she has been part of the medical team since 2016. Dr. Fry attended the University of Tennessee where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Agriculture and The Ohio State University College of Veterinary of Medicine where she earned her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree in 2008. Following her graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Fry completed a yearlong small animal rotating internship in small animal medicine and surgery at MedVet Columbus, an additional yearlong internal and emergency medicine internship at Affiliated Animal Care in Chesapeake, Virginia and a three-year residency in small animal internal medicine at Gulf Coast Veterinary Specialists.
Dr. Fry received the ACVIM Resident Research Award for her research on Vitamin B12 metabolism in dogs with various forms of hepatic disease at the annual American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ACVIM) conference in Seattle. After becoming a board-certified Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine in 2013, Dr. Fry worked as an internal medicine specialist at a private specialty practice in Nashville prior to returning to MedVet.
Dr. Fry is the author and co-author of publications in a variety of veterinary journals including Journal of the American Animal Hospital Association, Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, and Clinician’s Brief. She is also an active advocate of continued education for veterinary professionals and has lectured on various small animal internal medicine topics locally and nationally.
Although Dr. Fry maintains an interest in all aspects of internal medicine, she has particular interest in hepatic (liver), endocrine, and immune mediated disease. When not treating patients, Dr. Fry enjoys spending time with her husband and their two dogs, Bristol Bear and Knoxville, and their cat, Franklin.
- Bachelor of Science: University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Small Animal Internal Medicine)
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- American Association of Feline Practitioners
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- Society for Comparative Endocrinology
- Veterinary Emergency & Critical Care Society
- Veterinary Interventional Radiology & Interventional Endoscopy Society