Kate Fitzwater, DVM, MS, Diplomate, ACVS-SA is a board-certified small animal Veterinary Surgeon who joined the MedVet Indianapolis medical team in 2015. She attended Purdue University where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Sciences and a Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine in 2006. Following her graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Fitzwater completed a yearlong small animal medicine and surgery internship at North Carolina State University and a three-year small animal surgical residency combined Master’s degree at The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine. Her Masters thesis was “Computed tomography optimization of canine long bone models”. She achieved board certification with the American College of Veterinary Surgery in 2011.
Dr. Fitzwater’s surgical interests include gastrointestinal, oncologic and cardiothoracic surgery. The diversity of cases she treats makes it fun to come to work and is her favorite part of veterinary medicine. When she is not seeing patients and preforming surgery, Dr. Fitzwater enjoys traveling and outdoor activities including snow skiing and hiking with her husband their two children.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine, West Lafayette, Indiana
- Master of Science: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
- Internship: North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Surgical Residency: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Surgeons - Small Animal
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- American College of Veterinary Surgeons