Kirstin Keany, DVM is a veterinarian and Internal Medicine Resident at MedVet Mandeville and MedVet New Orleans where she has been part of the medical team since 2016. Dr. Keany attended Oklahoma State University where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in 2010, as well as a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree in 2014. Following her graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Keany completed a yearlong internship in small animal medicine and surgery at VCA Animal Referral and Emergency Center of Arizona, in Mesa, Arizona, a year internship in small animal internal medicine at Memphis Veterinary Specialists, and is currently completing a three-year residency in small animal internal medicine at MedVet Mandeville and MedVet New Orleans.
Dr. Keany has presented on various small animal internal medicine topics including pathophysiology and management of traumatic brain injury, canine lymphoma, fluid therapy, feline cholangitis, and small animal uveitis.
Although Dr. Keany enjoys all aspects of small animal internal medicine, she has particular interest in hepatobiliary and gastrointestinal disease. What she enjoys most about veterinary medicine is improving the quality of life of her patients. When not treating patients, Dr. Keany enjoys dancing, kayaking, hiking, tennis and college and professional sports, especially the Texas Rangers, Dallas Cowboys and Oklahoma State Athletics.
- Bachelor of Science: Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Oklahoma State University Center for Veterinary Health Sciences, Stillwater, Oklahoma
- Internship (Small Animal Medicine and Surgery): VCA Animal Referral and Emergency Center of Arizona, Mesa, Arizona
- Internship (Small Animal Internal Medicine): Memphis Veterinary Specialists, Cordova, Tennessee
- Residency (Small Animal Internal Medicine): Currently completing at MedVet Mandeville and MedVet New Orleans
- American Veterinary Medical Association