Leslie Karkheck, DVM is an Emergency Medicine Veterinarian at MedVet Toledo, where she has been part of the medical team since 2017. Dr. Karkheck received her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from Michigan State University and then went on to complete an internship in equine medicine and surgery at Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital located in Lexington, Kentucky.
Although Dr. Karkheck is interested in all aspects of emergency medicine, she maintains a particular interest in pain management, diagnostic imaging and surgery. Her favorite part of being a veterinarian is the variety of cases she is able to see and treat on a daily basis. When not caring for patients, Dr. Karkheck enjoys horseback riding activities, such as jumping and dressage.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan
- Internship: Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital, Lexington, Kentucky
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Toledo Veterinary Medical Association
- Southern Michigan Veterinary Medical Association