Peter Noël, DVM, Diplomate, ACVR is a board-certified Veterinary Radiologist at MedVet Chicago where he has been part of the medical team since 2016. Dr. Noël is an alumnus of Miami University of Ohio, where he received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Zoology. He then attended the Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine, where he earned his Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree in 2011. In addition to the training he received in veterinary school Dr. Noël completed a yearlong small animal rotating internship at the University of Pennsylvania, followed by a three-year diagnostic imaging residency at the Animal Medical Center in New York, which led to his board-certification in veterinary radiology in 2016.
Dr. Noël has been the recipient of several academic awards, honors, and scholarships throughout his training. During his residency, Dr. Noël was awarded a research grant that he used to complete his published article entitled “Off-site Smartphone vs. Standard Workstation in the Radiographic Diagnosis of Small Intestinal Mechanical Obstruction in Dogs and Cats”. This research resulted in him being awarded the ACVR Resident Author Award for 2016. He was also awarded the Connie Liefer Award for Research Excellence during his residency, as well as multiple academic scholarships.
Although skilled in all avenues of veterinary radiology, Dr. Noël maintains a special interest in magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of various brain and spinal cord diseases, as well as computed tomography (CT) angiography of abdominal vascular anomalies, such as portosystemic shunts. In addition to his clinical interests, Dr. Noël’s favorite thing about practicing veterinary medicine is having the ability to provide clients with a timely and accurate diagnosis for their pet. When not caring for his patients, Dr. Noël enjoys yoga, reading, and learning about different cultures.
- Bachelor of Arts (Zoology): Miami University of Ohio, Oxford, Ohio
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine, West Lafayette, Indiana
- Internship (Small Animal-Rotating): University of Pennsylvania Veterinary Teaching Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania
- Residency (Diagnostic Imaging): Animal Medical Center, New York, New York
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Radiology
- American College of Veterinary Radiology
- American Veterinary Medical Association