Aimee N. Brooks, DVM, MPH is an Emergency Medicine Veterinarian at MedVet Dayton where she has been part of the emergency team since 2015. Dr. Brooks attended The Ohio State University where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in 2004, a Masters of Public Health degree with a Veterinary Public Health Specialization in 2007, and a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree in 2010. Following her graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Brooks completed a yearlong internship in small animal medicine and surgery at Dogs & Cats Veterinary Referral and Emergency in Bowie, Maryland and a yearlong surgery internship at The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine. In 2010 she was awarded the Excellence in Small Animal Surgery Award from the American College of Veterinary Surgeons.
Dr. Brooks is an advocate of continuing education and has presented at the MidWest Veterinary Conference and at The Ohio State Veterinary Medical Center on topics that include leptospirosis in Ohio, gallbladder mucocele, malignant histiocytosis, immune-mediated vs. infectious disease, insulinomas in dogs, peritonitis, and canine elbow dysplasia. She also has a scientific paper that has been published the Journal of Veterinary Diagnostic Investigation.
Dr. Brooks maintains an interest in all aspects of small animal emergency medicine with particular interest in wound repair and management, hematologic diseases, and cytology. She enjoys educating pet owners to ensure they understand everything that is happening to their pet so that they can make informed decisions. When not treating patients, Dr. Brooks enjoys spending time with her pets that include a cat and two dogs, a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and a Miniature Schnauzer.
- Bachelor of Science: The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- Masters in Public Health: The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
- Internship: Dogs & Cats Veterinary Referral and Emergency, Bowie, Maryland
- Surgery Internship: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Ohio Veterinary Medical Association