Brent Aona, DVM, DACVIM is a board-certified Veterinary Cardiologist at MedVet Columbus and MedVet Dayton. He has been a part of the team since 2018. Dr. Aona attended The Ohio State University in Columbus, OH where he graduated Magna Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Sciences. He remained in Columbus where he earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine. Dr. Aona then completed a rotating internship in small animal medicine and surgery at Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University in North Grafton, MA and a three-year Cardiology Residency at North Carolina State University College of Veterinary Medicine in Raleigh, NC.
Dr. Aona has a special interest in congenital heart disease and interventional cardiology. He is passionate about delivering exceptional care and finds great joy in seeing patients reuniting with their family post-care.
When not caring for his patients, Dr. Aona enjoys spending time at the lake with his family and dogs.
- Bachelor of Science: The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- Rotating Internship: Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University, North Grafton, Massachusetts
- Residency: North Carolina State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Internal Medicine (Cardiology)
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine