Jacqueline L. Bloch, DVM is a residency trained Medical Oncology clinician at MedVet Akron where she has been part of the medical team since 2017. Dr. Bloch is a graduate of the University of Findlay in Findlay, Ohio, where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology and Pre-Veterinary Medicine. Following the completion of her undergraduate studies, Dr. Bloch earned her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the University of Missouri College of Veterinary Medicine and completed a small animal rotating internship at Michigan State University. Dr. Bloch then went on to complete a second internship in oncology at Georgia Veterinary Specialists in Sandy Springs, Georgia, as well as a three-year residency in medical oncology at Texas A&M University.
Although skilled in all aspects of small animal medical oncology, Dr. Bloch maintains a special interest in hematologic neoplasia and osteosarcoma, as well as using early diagnostic tools and innovative methods for improving the quality of life of cancer patients. Dr. Bloch’s favorite part of veterinary medicine is being able to give families and their pets the tools they need to spend quality time together in the face of a cancer diagnosis. When not caring for patients, Dr. Bloch enjoys cheering on Ohio State football and the Cleveland Indians, running, reading, cooking, and spending time with her fiancée and three dogs.
- Bachelor of Science: University of Findlay, Findlay, Ohio
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of Missouri College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbia, Missouri
- Internship: Michigan State University College of Veterinary Medicine, East Lansing, Michigan
- Internship: Georgia Veterinary Specialists, Sandy Springs, Georgia
- Residency: Texas A&M University College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences, College Station, Texas
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- Ohio Veterinary Medical Association
- Veterinary Cancer Society